Daniel Tweedie MA(Cantab) FRCS(ORL-HNS) DCH is an NHS and private Ear, Nose and Throat ENT Consultant Surgeon in London. He is a children's ENT specialist, one of a small number in the UK, and many of his patients have very complex medical needs.
He completed undergraduate medical degrees at Cambridge University, where he was awarded a Distinction in his Final MB Medicine examinations and a Cambridge Blue in the University Boat Race.
Mr Tweedie undertook specialist training in London in all areas of adult and children's ENT, including a fellowship in specialist paediatric ENT at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He was appointed as a Children's ENT Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, in January 2013, where he also provides some Adult ENT services.
He was a training programme director for ENT in South London, is a Council Member of the British Association for Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology (BAPO) and is also a member of the Children's Surgical Forum at the Royal College of Surgeons.
Mr Tweedie's NHS practice is mainly based at the Evelina London Children's Hospital, where he won a Trust award for outstanding patient care in 2015.
Apart from clinical practice in Paediatric ENT, he is fully trained as an adult ENT specialist, and manages adult emergency cases at Guy’s, St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospitals.
Mr Tweedie also provides a private ENT specialist service for children and adults, at:
He covers all aspects of specialist Children's ENT, including:
- Diagnostic endoscopy and surgery for paediatric airway problems (including airway reconstruction and tracheostomy)
- Surgery for the tonsils and adenoids
- Coblation intracapsular tonsillectomy (tonsillotomy)- minimally invasive tonsillectomy, a more gentle alternative to conventional tonsil surgery
- Snoring and sleep apnoea and other sleep problems in children
- Tonsillitis, sore throats and tonsil stones
- Glue ear management including grommets
- Middle ear infections (acute otitis media)
- Hearing loss, ear disease and ear surgery (otology)
- Tinnitus and hyperacusis
- Perforated eardrum and cholesteatoma
- Surgery for inherited and acquired paediatric head and neck problems, lumps and bumps (pre-auricular sinuses, dermoid cysts, branchial anomalies)
- Prominent lymph nodes in the neck
- Children's nose and sinus surgery
- Nosebleeds in children
- Drooling in children
- Paediatric ENT emergencies